"There is an intimate and necessary relation between the processes of actual experience and education."
John Dewey (Experience and Education, 1938)
In Patagonian, we believe that the best way to incorporate new knowledge is to interact with it. In our workplace, experiential learning has a long tradition since, over time, it has proved to be the most effective means to acquire skills.
Patagonian Nest is a “Learning by Doing” program focused on hands-on experiences. This program incorporates coach-based training, hands-on simulation, team-based learning, and case-based sessions.
Participants immerse in an active and shared learning environment. Team-based learning provides these small groups of attendees with real problems to solve (which is the “doing” part). Moreover, Patagonian Academy provides content support.
Patagonian Nest works in a realistic working environment: a software development company. Therefore, Patagonian Nest training Programs include a wide variety of topics from Web or Mobile Development and QA Automation to UX /UI designing.
Patagonian Nest Training Process
Consists of 3 kinds of learning stages:Self-paced
Patagonian Nest Audience
We consider the program's target audience to be people with a level of experience (seniority at the time of joining), trainees, or junior.
No previous work experience though, familiar with some technology (programming) 6-12 months
Depending on the level required by the training program, having completed Patagonian Academy Training
A defined professional profile (developer, tester, designer, etc.)
Some experience but little autonomy, requiring support to complete non-routine assignments.
Candidates will be selected taking into account their technical skills and potential to flourish as "Patagonians".The following are the requirements to be considered (to be evaluated during the selection process) as a candidate
- Be a resident of Argentina or Colombia, with access to Patagonian Sites.
- Over 18 years old who completed high school education.
- Have an English language level that allows reading, writing, active listening, and speaking fluently.
- Soft skills of responsibility, proactivity, teamwork, and curiosity (among others specific to the role)
- Make a commitment to the program for six months with full-time dedication and interest in continuing in the company at the end of said program.
- Hard tech skills as required in each training program (to be determined according to the program syllabus and objectives).
The application stage for the 2022 Patagonian Nest program has ended. We thank all participants for their interest in applying to the program. We have already filled the available slots for the recent stage.
We suggest you follow us on our social networks and subscribe to our newsletter to keep up to date with new Nest calls and Patagonian Academy training announcements.
Villa La Angostura